General Information :
Rowlands Memorial High School is a Christian Missionary Co-educational Institution, run by the Mizoram Presbyterian Church, Synod Mission Board. The School is named after the dedicated Welsh Missionary Dr. (Miss) J. H. Rowlands, M.A.; D.Litt., the founder of the only destitute home in Karimganj, “Diptinibash’’, which means “House of Light’’. Dr. Rowlands served the Lord faithfully in various parts of India for forty long years till she was lifted to Glory on 12th February 1955 and laid to rest beside the Presbyterian Church in Karimganj. The School, established in her memory, speaks of her dedication and noble services rendered to the people of Karimganj.
Rowlands Memorial High School is an unaided school, recognized by the D.E.E, Assam, and also obtained provisional Registration for Secondary School from the Director Secondary Education Assam. The foundation stone was laid on 31st January 1986 by Rev. Lalpianga, the then Cachar Officer, Presbyterian Church.
Cachar District, and it was inaugurated by Rev. Robawia, the then Moderator of the Presbyterian Synod, Mizoram on 15th June, 1986.
The main objective of the institution is to impart sound, creative and moral education to the pupils by inculcating knowledge, wide outlook, habit of piety, discipline and self-reliance, so as to transform them into well-balanced men and women as well as good and useful citizens.